About OLu Diffusion
Diffusion is a student-run organization at Orange Lutheran High School; it has a goal of focusing on international students’ experience as they are attuning to the life being high school students in America. The Diffusion team - comprised of several students - gives international students academic, social, and cultural support all throughout their time at the school and beyond.
Maggie Lin and Viki Park: Co-Presidents
As Co-Presidents, they:
- Oversee and are directly involved with all Diffusion activities.
- Consult, advise, coordinate, and share responsibilities with Ms. Laulhere (the school's counselor for all international students) in regards to team conduct, projects, student concerns, and Diffusion activities.
- Arrange for all new international students to have a “buddy” (including to arrange their “meet and greet” the first day of school, check in monthly, celebrate birthdays)
- Work with the Diffusion Student Leadership Team to develop activities, tutoring events and service opportunities for international students in Diffusion.
- Assign tasks to both the Activities & Academic departments and check upon completion.
- Be one of the interviewers for the upcoming Student Leadership Team during interviews, to offer advice to Ms. Laulhere from another perspective.
Nancy Chen and Ling Feng: Activities Officers
As Activities Officers, they:
- Arrange all activities and events for Diffusion alongside with the Co-Presidents.
- Seek out new and innovative ways of getting international students involved in school activities.
- Organize, plan, and communicate about Diffusion activities to let international students share different cultural background in order to contribute to the school diversity.
- Encourage international students to fully experience the diversity of the school.
- Promote school spirit throughout all international students.
- Encourage international students to participate in all school-wide activities, for example, high school sport events, dances, and Diffusion activities.
Alina Guo and Grace Funk: Academic Officers
As Academic Officers, they:
- Help international students succeed in their academic life in Orange Lutheran High School.
- Have a great academic history.
- Are responsible for academic needs of all international students, such as connecting them with a tutor and being available to tutor if necessary.
- Seek out new and innovative ways of serving the academic needs of international students.
- Are responsible for composing emails, sign-up sheets, and creating presentations when in need.
Alexa Massari: Secretary
As a secretary, she:
- Keeps track (account) of all funds of Diffusion.
- Composes a short report monthly for monthly spending and submit it to Ms. Laulhere and the Co-Presidents.
- Arranges and organizes fundraisers if needed.