About OLu Diffusion
Diffusion is a student-run organization at Orange Lutheran High School; it has a goal of focusing on international students’ experience as they are attuning to the life being high school students in America. The Diffusion team - comprised of several students - gives international students academic, social, and cultural support all throughout their time at the school and beyond.
Geoffrey Kang: Senior Presidents
As the Senior President, he:
- Oversees and are directly involved with all Diffusion activities.
- Consults, advises, coordinates, and shares responsibilities with Ms. Laulhere (the school's counselor for all international students) in regards to team conduct, projects, student concerns, and Diffusion activities.
- Arranges for all new international students to have a “buddy” (including to arrange their “meet and greet” the first day of school, check in monthly, celebrate birthdays)
- Works with the Diffusion Student Leadership Team to develop activities, tutoring events and service opportunities for international students in Diffusion.
- Assigns tasks to both the Activities & Academic departments and checks upon completion.
- Be one of the interviewers for the upcoming Student Leadership Team during interviews, to offer advice to Ms. Laulhere from another perspective.
Laura Lee: Assistant President
As the Assistant President, she:
- Works with the Senior President and assists him/her on his/her role, including but not limited to all of the position descriptions for the Senior President.
- Records in details how each event was organized such as the distribution of assignments and what activities were included in each event using a provided “Diffusion Records” sheet.
- Keeps records of all Diffusion meeting and event attendances.
April Zhang and Julia Zhang: Activities Officers
As Activities Officers, they:
- Arrange all activities and events for Diffusion alongside with the Co-Presidents.
- Seek out new and innovative ways of getting international students involved in school activities.
- Organize, plan, and communicate about Diffusion activities to let international students share different cultural background in order to contribute to the school diversity.
- Encourage international students to fully experience the diversity of the school.
- Promote school spirit throughout all international students.
- Encourage international students to participate in all school-wide activities, for example, high school sport events, dances, and Diffusion activities.
Henry He: Student Life Delegate
As the Student Life Delegate, he:
- Works with Ms. Laulhere to assignall new/transfer international students to have a “buddy” (this will include arranging their “meet and greet” the first day of school like Ignite does, etc.) prior to the New Student Orientation Day during the end of summer break.
- Works with the Diffusion Student Leadership Team closely on different tasks.
- Encourages international student participation.
- Uses personal experience to help new international students throughout the school year during Diffusion meetings. Support includes informative lunch sessions on school dances, driver’s license, course registration, and sports, etc.
- Keeps track with Diffusion members’ birthdays and creates thoughtful birthday cards for them.